5465 Pennsylvania Avenue
Boulder, CO 80303
303-499-1999 ext. 227
3800 Kalmia Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301
From the School - Sponsored
At Friends School, we value all learners. Our creative, academically challenging, safe environment allows every student from preschool through 8th grade to be seen, known and loved. Small class sizes allow us to meet each student where they are as learners, helping them know themselves and set their own path. Our purpose and values influence everything we do, from how we teach math and the way we schedule our classes to the kinds of activities students engage in and how we plan our learning spaces.
The Friends School community is built on connection and trust and guided by our four trail markers:
1. Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration
2. Rich Academic Foundation
3. Mindfulness-based Social Emotional Literacy
4. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
From preschool through 8th grade, our students love coming to school and arrive each day joyfully engaging in learning:
· Our full and half-day preschool programs offer a play-based approach to early childhood education for children ages 3-5 and is the perfect introduction to school. Our classes are taught by skilled, caring, dedicated educators and emphasize learning through play and exploration. Social Emotional Learning (SEL) at Friends preschool is foundational in helping students learn and grow their pre-academic and friendship skills.
· Friends elementary students are excited about learning and well-prepared for middle school. Gold Standard Project Based Learning (PBL) ensures that subjects are integrated in meaningful ways, and that Friends students see the connection between their classroom and the real world. Mindfulness-based Social Emotional Learning is the through-line of our elementary program. SEL is woven into academics and class schedules and practiced daily in real-time.
· Middle school academics are rooted in inquiry-based learning. Rather than memorization and repetition of information, our students practice and gain mastery in asking questions, evaluating sources, and analyzing information, to learn how to find truth and meaning in today’s world. Social emotional learning at the Middle School is all about helping students maintain connection to themselves, families, friends, and teachers as they navigate a time of intense developmental change. Students who actually love middle school? Ours do.
We believe education can empower our children to successfully navigate our complex society. Our graduates are curious, creative, collaborative, resilient, compassionate advocates and friends. Each Friends School graduate has a strong sense of self, connection, and agency to positively affect our world. Our alumni consistently credit their time at Friends School for the successes in navigating their futures.
Our students collaborate, create and make change happen for a better today and a brighter tomorrow. We not only prepare our students for the next step in school – we prepare them to have and use their skills, talents and passions to make a positive difference in the world. A Friends School education promises an essential foundation for a life of success. Our vision is as clear today as it was when we started in 1987: Making the world better by challenging minds, nurturing spirits and honoring individuality.
Scholarships and Personalized Affordable Tuition available. Inquire today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Gold Standard Project-Based Learning
2. Mindfulness-Based Social Emotional Curriculum
3. Challenging and Engaging Academics
4. Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
5. Personalized Affordable Tuition